A Nikkei article compares the quality and refinement of the iPhone 5S design to Toyota’s system of Kaizen.
A University of Tokyo professor and industrial designer had high praise for the iPhone 5S’ quality and attention to detail.
Shunji Yamanaka, founder and president of Leading Edge Design and associate professor at University of Tokyo, said the iPhone 5S has been improved over the iPhone 5 and in small — and in most cases imperceptible — ways that point to Apple’s meticulous approach to design.
He was cited as part of an article Nikkei published Thursday (subscription required), titled “iPhone 5S’ beauty is in the details.”
- Japan designer praises iPhone 5S beauty — inside and out – CNET (news.cnet.com)
- iPhone 5S’ Features, Elegance Lauded by Japanese Designer (vs. iPhone 5 Comparison) [VIDEO] (designntrend.com)
- iPhone 5s is the top selling smartphone at every U.S. carrier (apple4ladies.com)
- iPhone 5s is best-selling smartphone at US carriers, 5c is third best (idownloadblog.com)
- Walmart is dropping prices for the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c starting Friday (gigaom.com)
- Japan designer praises iPhone 5S beauty – inside and out – CNET (newestgadgetsinfo.com)
- Japan designer praises iPhone 5S beauty — inside and out (news.cnet.com)
- Apple iPhone 5S price & release date (mobiles.co.uk)
- iPhone 5s is the top selling smartphone at every U.S. carrier (tuaw.com)
- iPhone 5s is the top selling smartphone at every US carrier (apple4ladies.com)